Where to fly to: Upington (if not driving to camp)
Where your tour starts: Onseepkans, South Africa
Transfers on arrival in Upington: No, please arrange your own, or ask for assistance if not driving to camp.
Transport to camp: Self-drive or hire car from Upington
The camp consists of a grassed area, bomas for shade, shelter and cooking, washing and ablution facilities.
Consist in semi permanent camp site and wilderness camping.
Communications - Cell communication at the base camp,and limited cell communication when on the river.
We do not offer service to do laundry.
Fly rods largemouth yellowfish:
• Medium to fast action 9ft, 7wht rods. Four piece for travelling.
• Bring one spare
Reels largemouth yellowfish:
• Large arbor direct drive with good drag – Shilton CR 4 is perfect
• Reels must be loaded with at least 100 meters of 30 lb backing.
Fly lines largemouth yellowfish:
• Scientific Angler WF 7 Titan Intermediate which will match up well with a 7wht rod. This is
an 240G intermediate line. The running line allows one to make the necessary mends to
position flies properly.
• Full length type 5 sink tip fly line. The Sci Angler Sonar Sink 250G is perfect for fishing the
deeper sections, or getting flies down during cold fronts. This will be a secondary line, but
is an essential tool when the fish are holding deep.
• Full length WF 7 Floating Line
Fly lines smallmouth yellowfish:
• Standard WF5F
Fly rods smallmouth yellowfish:
• 9ft, 5wht. Four piece for travelling.
Reels smallmouth yellowfish:
• Standard 5wht fresh water reel – Shilton CR2 or CR3
Flies largemouth yellowfish:
• MUISHOND fly black – size 2
• MUISHOND fly black – size 1/0
• MUISHOND fly olive/black – size 2
• MUISHOND fly olive/black – size 1/0
• SNB fly black/tan – size 4
• SNB fly black/tan – size 1/0
• SNB fly olive/tan/orange – size 4
• SNB fly olive/tan/orange – size 1/0
• SNB fly tan/white – size 4
• MSP fly black/orange – size 4
• MSP fly olive/orange – size 4
• TUSCAN BUNNY fly black/olive – size 2
• TUSCAN BUNNY fly black/olive – size 1/0
• TUSCAN BUNNY fly brown/tan – size 2
• TUSCAN BUNNY fly brown/tan – size 1/0
• SEX DUNGEON fly olive/tan – size 1/0
• SEX DUNGEON fly black/tan – size 1/0
• SEX DUNGEON fly tan/white – size 1/0
All flies to be tied on Gamakatsu B10S Stinger hooks
Recommended packing list:
• 3 x Sunshade Shirts (Patagonia Sun Shade Hoody is our go to)
• 1 x Waders (more important early season –July and August only)
• 1 x Warm jacket for cold evenings
• 1 x Beanie
• 1 x Quick Dry long pants (Zip off bottom legs)
• 2 x Quick dry shorts
• 1 x Quality rain jacket
• 1 x Fishing hat
• 2 x Buffs
• 1 x Sungloves
• 2 x Polarized Sunglasses (1 spare)
• 1 x SPF 30 to 50 Sunscreen
July to November
Our company offers you the best customer service without any additional cost, we are always able to answer questions about your trip or any other concern. Do not accept less than Top Notch service, at Pointer we are always willing to make your experience unforgettable.
And this is very important: By purchasing your trip through us, you are elegible to get extra gift and rewards, like a voucher open for 3 years for 50% off in your accommodations on your next Fly Fishing trip to rgentina in one of our lodges, you can choose between Trouts in Northern Patagonia or Golden Dorado in the Paraná river.
Also, you could get a voucher open for 3 years for 100% off accommodations on your next Dove Hunting in Argentina staying in one of our wonderful Lodges.