Where to fly to: Upington (if not driving to camp)
Where your tour starts: Onseepkans, South Africa
Transfers on arrival in Upington: No, please arrange your own, or ask for assistance if not driving to camp.
Transport to camp: Self-drive or hire car from Upington
The camp consists of a grassed area, bomas for shade, shelter and cooking, washing and ablution facilities.
Consist in semi permanent camp site and wilderness camping.
Communications - Cell communication at the base camp,and limited cell communication when on the river.
We do not offer service to do laundry.
Fly rods largemouth yellowfish:
• Medium to fast action 9ft, 7wht rods. Four piece for travelling.
• Bring one spare
Reels largemouth yellowfish:
• Large arbor direct drive with good drag – Shilton CR 4 is perfect
• Reels must be loaded with at least 100 meters of 30 lb backing.
Fly lines largemouth yellowfish:
• Scientific Angler WF 7 Titan Intermediate which will match up well with a 7wht rod. This is
an 240G intermediate line. The running line allows one to make the necessary mends to
position flies properly.
• Full length type 5 sink tip fly line. The Sci Angler Sonar Sink 250G is perfect for fishing the
deeper sections, or getting flies down during cold fronts. This will be a secondary line, but
is an essential tool when the fish are holding deep.
• Full length WF 7 Floating Line
Fly lines smallmouth yellowfish:
• Standard WF5F
Fly rods smallmouth yellowfish:
• 9ft, 5wht. Four piece for travelling.
Reels smallmouth yellowfish:
• Standard 5wht fresh water reel – Shilton CR2 or CR3
Flies largemouth yellowfish:
• MUISHOND fly black – size 2
• MUISHOND fly black – size 1/0
• MUISHOND fly olive/black – size 2
• MUISHOND fly olive/black – size 1/0
• SNB fly black/tan – size 4
• SNB fly black/tan – size 1/0
• SNB fly olive/tan/orange – size 4
• SNB fly olive/tan/orange – size 1/0
• SNB fly tan/white – size 4
• MSP fly black/orange – size 4
• MSP fly olive/orange – size 4
• TUSCAN BUNNY fly black/olive – size 2
• TUSCAN BUNNY fly black/olive – size 1/0
• TUSCAN BUNNY fly brown/tan – size 2
• TUSCAN BUNNY fly brown/tan – size 1/0
• SEX DUNGEON fly olive/tan – size 1/0
• SEX DUNGEON fly black/tan – size 1/0
• SEX DUNGEON fly tan/white – size 1/0
All flies to be tied on Gamakatsu B10S Stinger hooks
Recommended packing list:
• 3 x Sunshade Shirts (Patagonia Sun Shade Hoody is our go to)
• 1 x Waders (more important early season –July and August only)
• 1 x Warm jacket for cold evenings
• 1 x Beanie
• 1 x Quick Dry long pants (Zip off bottom legs)
• 2 x Quick dry shorts
• 1 x Quality rain jacket
• 1 x Fishing hat
• 2 x Buffs
• 1 x Sungloves
• 2 x Polarized Sunglasses (1 spare)
• 1 x SPF 30 to 50 Sunscreen
July to November