Location: Dhala and Samaki Camps – Mnyera and Ruhudji Rivers, Tanzania
The Mnyera and Ruhudji Rivers together offer one of the last remaining frontiers of freshwater fishing – as of November 2008 Less tourette-tanzania-gabon-costa-rica-lesotho-okavango-seychelles-nubian-flats-tailor made fishing tours-freshthan 15 individuals had fished these amazing waters. Set deep in an untouched corner of the Tanzanian Wilderness, this area is famous for being home to monster 20lb+ tigers. The river banks are also home to big game and many rare and endemic bird species.
The discovery of this system in August 2008, has been widely acknowledged as one of the highlights in African Sport fishing over the past decade. To indicate the enormity of the discovery, in the past 10 years fly fisherman have been targeting tigers on fly, a 20lb fish was not landed. This statistic was shattered in 2008 when 8 fish over the 20lb mark were landed at Mnyera!
The season runs from the 1st of August to the 10th of November. It is during these months, when the water temperatures rise and the clarity increases that the trophy tigerfish of Mnyera and Ruhudji rivers begin to feed aggressively.
The first season the ongoing catch data indicates clearly that the strict beat rotation implemented has been a huge success. The average number of trophy fish landed per week has been consistent throughout the seasons. The discovery of excellent waters close to the headwater of the Ruhudji River has opened up a further 30km of productive waters. We are thus in a very pleasing position of being able to offer 7 individual beats for all groups.
Duration: 7 nights – 6 full days fishing
- Transfer from airport to from Seacliff on arrival in Dares Salam. Transfer from Seacliff to charter flight on morning of departure. Transfer from charter terminal to airport or Seacliff on arrival back in Dares Salaam.
- Return charter flight to Camp – 1hr45min in a Cessna Caravan (20kg luggage limit per person).
- 7 nights in camp – 6 full days fishing on the Mnyera and Ruhudji rivers. Fishing times sunrise to sunset.
- Access to 120km of waters with a maximum of 8 anglers per week.
- Professional guiding.
- All meals, accommodation, water , soft drinks and limited beer.
- Boats and fuel.
- Fishing licences and concession fees.
- Tanzania Government Tourism Levies and Conservation Fees
- 16% Tanzania Tourism VAT.
- Flights to Dares Salaam – please request details on international flight schedules to Dar es Salaam.
- Visas USD 50 – USD100 per person obtainable on arrival (at time of publishing).
- Any hotel accommodation and meals in Dares Salaam before or after tour (we recommend Seacliff for all pre and
- post tour accommodation).
- Wine and spirits – guests advised to bring their own wine and spirits from duty free.
- Beers over allocated amount in camp.
- Guide and Staff Gratuities.
- Constanza Candussi: [email protected]
Direct phone number to contact the Fly Fishing department: (210) 390 0576